This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Featured Image Pages

• Creator
    Topic
    mizzinc
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Added the Post Meta Feature Image Options to the Page Meta using the ‘themeblvd_page_meta’ filter.
    Copied content-page.php to my Child theme and added themeblvd_the_post_thumbnail() function.

No doubt missing a few steps to get feature images displaying on a page. Could you assist please?

Thank you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

If you just set a featured image on your page and then add themeblvd_the_post_thumbnail() or even WP’s default the_post_thumbnail() in your content-page.php file (assuming you haven’t modified your template parts to where this wouldn’t be the file being used when displaying a static page), that will show the featured image.

What isn’t working exactly?

mizzinc
    Participant

The feature image is not displaying on a static page using

themeblvd_the_post_thumbnail()

. It does display using

the_post_thumbnail()

I have tested with a fresh install of Jumpstart and deactivated plugins.
    My understanding is that since no ‘$size’ is being set, the

themeblvd_the_post_thumbnail()

function must use

$fake_conditional

which returns no result for a static page.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Aw, got it; I must have made a tweak for the next update so it actually does an identical comparison for null before getting out because I didn’t get the same result on my end when I checked.

Anyway, just pass in the size. The second optional parameter would be the crop size of the image.

<?php themeblvd_the_post_thumbnail( 'primary', 'full' ); ?>
    mizzinc
    Participant

Look forward to the next update. Cheers for excellent support once again.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.