This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Feature Request: Logo Options

• Creator
    Topic
    Johanna Heath
    Participant

I have just started converting an existing site to Jumpstart 2.0

I like what you’ve done with this release!

I have a request though:
    Would it be possible to have a logo option that includes an image & Custom text / site name & tagline?

This is what we are trying to achieve: http://proactivegassafety.com/

This is a request we get quite often. In the past I have done it by adding a ‘adds above header’ widget and dynamically positioning it, but it gets messy when it gets to responsive behaviour

Kind Regards
    Johanna

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Johanna,

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess the reason I’m reluctant to add something like this is that (1) it adds complications to the output of the logo in terms of making it fit in different scenarios and (2) the text isn’t really part of the logo, per se.

I really wouldn’t use the widget area. Adding this text to the header is the ideal situation to be utilizing basic action hook functionality from your child theme’s functions.php.

Have you tried something like this? And if you haven’t gotten comfortable with how actions work, you should definitely look into it. It really isn’t complicated and it’ll open so many doors for new opportunities for you.

function my_header_logo_addon() {
    	echo '<div class="logo-text-addon">';
    	echo '<span>Nationally Accredited</span>';
    	echo '<span>safety training delivered to you!</span>';
    	echo '</div>';
    }
    add_action('themeblvd_header_logo', 'my_header_logo_addon');

More Info: http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/primary-framework-action-hooks/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.