This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

FB Landing page / template with no menu

• Creator
    Topic
    sixfive

Hey Jason

Love the theme – thank you very much!

I am looking at the requirements to build a few pages for advertising landing pages and for FB tabs.

On the FB Tabs I want to remove the header and footer & menu, so that it all fits in the FB frame nicely. For advertising landing pages I want to remove only the menu bar.

I have a child theme up and running and I was hoping you could point me in the right direction to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

You could just hide the items with CSS on certain pages. When you look at a page on your site, and you view the source or look at it with your developer inspector, you can see that WordPress attaches many helpful classes to the <body> tag. You can utilize these to manipulate any items you want for certain pages.

Example: .page-id-123 .whatever { display: none; }

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

sixfive

Great idea – Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.