This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Fatal error after upgrading Akita 2.1.9.1

• Creator
    Topic
    abakus
    Participant

Hi have upgraded Akita to Version: 2.1.9.1, after that for some reasons this message appears on pages.

Fatal error: Cannot unset string offsets in /home/apconstr/public_html/INC/wp-content/themes/akita/framework/includes/helpers.php on line 216

How to fix it?

Thank you
    Sergio

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    abakus
    Participant

Has suggested I have deleted the old AKITA folder and installed the new one, also I have changed on wp-config.php adding this code line

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64M’ );

but I still have the problem see here http://www.apconstruction.com/project-experience/transportation/

I will wait your response
    thank you

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Sergio,

Are all Theme Blvd plugins up-to-date on your site? And in the post grid slider element there on that page, how do you have it setup for including the posts?

abakus
    Participant

Hi, I have a build DEV site which I test updates and plugin before publishing them on the main site.

Now the DEV site has all plugin updated and it is a copy of the main one. As you can see the problem is still there.
    http://www.regencyparkinfo.com/project-experience/transportation/

thank you

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In the post grid slider element there on that page, how do you have it setup for including the posts? Can you post a screenshot of the configuration in the layout builder of that element’s options?

abakus
    Participant

Find below the code used into that page.

<h2><span style=”color: #993300;”>Transportation Overview</span></h2>
    [sc:Text-Justify desc=”A.P. Construction, Inc. is providing fast-track design and construction services for the transportation industry. Companies like US Airways depend on AP’s expertise to get the project completed on time – with safety in mind. At AP our success is not only measured by the quality of the completed job, but also by the process in which we get there.” ][sc:Text-Justify desc=”AP’s record demonstrates the company’s commitment to safety, quality and cost control, and our people represent that spirit and culture. Our clients’ repeated business reveals our ability to make the entire construction process an enjoyable journey — from start to finish.” ][sc:Text-Justify desc=”The AP transportation division has gained project experience supplying solutions for the airport, bridge, highway and mass transit sectors.” ]

[divider style=”solid”]
    <h4><span style=”color: #993300;”>Project Examples</span></h4>
    [post_grid_slider columns=”2″ rows=”4″ fx=”slide” timeout=”4″ nav_standard=”true” nav_arrows=”true” pause_play=”false” categories=”transportation” numberposts=”-1″ orderby=”post_date” order=”DESC” offset=”0″]

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

No worries, I don’t need to login to your site (I will delete that login info from your post, and you can send here privately in the future if needed).

I believe this is your issue:

[post_grid_slider columns="2" rows="4" fx="slide" timeout="4" nav_standard="true" nav_arrows="true" pause_play="false" categories="transportation" numberposts="-1" orderby="post_date" order="DESC" offset="0"]

Change this:

categories="transportation"

To this:

category_name="transportation"
    abakus
    Participant

Perfect!! now it works!!

so was it a bug?

thank you

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

A few years ago in the framework there was a real inconsistency with how different shortcodes for displaying posts accepted parameters for designating the posts. In different shortcodes, the categories parameter meant different things.

So we made it so everything followed the same logic, and the parameter categories was deprecated, in favor of cat (pull posts from category ID) and category_name (pull posts from category slug) — which match how a WP Query is formulated.

It worked for awhile, maybe a year or two after being deprecated, but now it no longer works. I was a little confused at first when I looked at your page because it was using the layout builder, and I’ve seen this before with the post shortcodes. But when I saw you just used a shortcode within a layout builder element, it made sense to me.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.