This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

extended license

• Creator
    Topic
    joejacobson

I wanted to ask about the license needed for the following: create multiple sites all based on the same layout (Child Theme). Would I need to purchase a standard license for each website or does the extended license cover unlimited sites? Does the use of a child theme affect the licensing at all?

Thanks, Joe.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Basically, with ThemeForest licensing, one standard license = one website. Whether or not you’re using a Child theme really doesn’t make any difference, as you’re still obviously using the Parent theme for each project.

Here’s the outline on licensing from ThemeForest: http://themeforest.net/licenses/

So, you’d need to purchase a standard license for each website. Or, if you were to purchase an extended license you would not have any restrictions in this regard. I suppose the determining factor would just be getting a rough estimation of how many times you’re planning to actually use the theme and seeing if an extended license would actually be worth the price. I would say for most people, it’s pretty rare that someone would be using the theme enough to warrant purchasing an extended license, opposed to several standard licenses.

joejacobson

Thanks for the clarification, Jason.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I apologize for the confusion. I completely forgot that, awhile ago, I disabled extended licenses for my themes. I don’t sell them any more because there are things that this kind of license opens my products up to that I do not approve of.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.