This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Excerpt length

• Creator
    Topic
    brdwlk
    Participant

Is there a way to adjust the number of words or physical length of an excerpt?

I’m asking, because I am using a post grid with multiple columns, and I would like the height of the rows to be the same… if possible.

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

By default, WordPress will take the first 55 words of your post to use as the excerpt. Or, you can manually write out the excerpt for any post within the meta box titled “Excerpt” when editing the given post.

Note: If you do not see the “Excerpt” meta box when editing a post, it means you have it hidden. Go to “Screen Options” at the top right corner of the screen and select to show it.

Additionally, if you search over on wordpress.org, there are several cool, little plugins you can explore for messing with the excerpt.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=excerpt+length

brdwlk
    Participant

That’s exactly what I needed!

This option was hidden, so thanks for suggesting that as well.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.