This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Error on Log in to admin after update

• Creator
    Topic
    webgirl2009
    Participant

Just update wordpress to 3.5.1 and updated the theme …Now when I try and log into the admin , I don’t get the normal admin page I get this

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/03/9362503/html/wp-content/themes/akita-child/functions.php:38) in /home/content/03/9362503/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

Hope you can help Jason

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

The error means essentially what it says. This is because in your Child theme’s functions.php, you’ve started output where you’re not supposed to. — Usually this means you have extra white space (like a line break, for example) somewhere outside of <?php tags of the file. So double check what you’re doing in your Child theme’s functions.php. Start by looking at line 38 😉

webgirl2009
    Participant

Jason
    I am sorry I am not understanding
    I don’t recall editing the function.php file in the child theme
    Here is the code

http://pastie.org/6031798

Can you tell me more specifically what to change so this site works?
    I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yup, so your issue is simply on line 38. In the custom code you’ve added, you’re randomly outputting content before WordPress outputs the page. You can’t do this in PHP. Just delete line #38, as it’s unnecessary.

?&gt;<!--d2n7e-->&lt;?php

… Also note that this line and everything above it has nothing to do with the theme. So if you have no idea what that is or where it came from, you may want consider taking a look at what you have going on, and if your server has been compromised. The code looks shady…

webgirl2009
    Participant

Thanks Jason
    Life saver
    That worked…
    keep doing what you are doing as your themes are terrific!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Is that code something you’ve put in there? Or were you hacked?

webgirl2009
    Participant

I don’t recall putting it in there as I don’t code php very well so I don’t think I would have
    I just scanned the site for malware on sucuri and it is ok…so not sure
    any suggestions

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

That code looks dangerous. I would contact your web host and ask them to look.

It looks like it’s allowing content to be feed through to your server and stored/executed in files on your server. I would say your hosting account may have been compromised and someone has injected this into your current theme’s functions.php.

webgirl2009
    Participant

will do

webgirl2009
    Participant

Jason
    For my knowledge
    What is suppose to be coded in the function.php of the child theme and the parent theme
    I don’t recall adding anything extra there
    I called godaddy and got someone that didn’t appear totally smart but they said there was nothing going on with server
    I downloaded a fresh new theme from themeforest and there doesn’t seem to be much in the function.php of the child theme or the parent theme. Just want to make sure. Should I upload a fresh new function .php for both parent and child?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.