This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Error Message when using OptimizePress 2 plugin

• Creator
    Topic
    nigdowser
    Participant

Hi, while using OptimizePress 2 plugin, I get the following error when I try to launch the Live Editor:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function themeblvd_get_font_face() in /blah/blah/wp-content/themes/akita/includes/theme-functions.php on line 156

Their support says it’s a theme issues, not the plugin issue.

As I would really like this to work to create some landing and sales pages, could you please point me in the right direction to help resolve this?

Many thanks

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m honestly not quite sure how I can troubleshoot a third-party plugin that’s not feely available. It sounds like the plugin is doing some stuff on the admin side of things that require frontend components. This could explain things a bit, as the theme doesn’t include all functionality in the admin. If you’re using the latest version of Akita, I’m not quite sure what to tell you on that one. Unfortunately we just have no way to support all third-party plugins out there.

nigdowser
    Participant

OK, fair enough. But are you aware of plugins which do not work with your theme and which should be avoided? Or does anyone else on the forums know that?
    I’d love to keep using the theme, but I need that extra functionality, especially with Black friday looming 🙂

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I personally have never used any landing page plugins, so I really don’t know. It’s just really tough to have any kind of general list of WordPress plugins that work or don’t work. Anyone with an Internet connection and a little motivation can sell a WordPress plugin (or theme) online. So with thousands upon thousands out there, it can really be hit or miss.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Have you experimented with any free ones on wordpress.org for creating landing pages?

http://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=landing+page

nigdowser
    Participant

Thanks, Jason. I appreciate your help in this. I knew it was a long shot 🙂

I like the theme too much to change it just for a plugin.

a6h1nav

I’m also using Akita with OptimizePress 2 and getting a similar error. It’s a shame we can’t get the theme and plugin to work together because I really like them both.

What I decided to do was install the theme version of OptimizePress 2 on a sub-folder (so installed on domain.com/folder for example) and use it that way. Not the 100% perfect solution I’d like obviously, but works well enough for me.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

An update on this —

=================

I guess I was kind of thinking of a solution backwards a few months ago when I tried tackling this. I was trying to get all frontend components working in their editor. But instead the more logical solution I think is just to remove the few items included generally that conflict with missing components, since their pages pretty much rely on all of their own styling and scripts.

The only drawback here is it’s possible that what you preview in their Builder may not be the exact result on the frontend of the site, if the theme were to have a conflict with something the plugin is setting up on the frontend. But I think the following change will ensure the Page Builder doesn’t break at least.

Add this to your child theme’s functions.php.

if ( is_admin() ) {
    	remove_action( 'wp_head', 'akita_include_fonts', 5 );
    	remove_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'akita_scripts' );
    }
    nigdowser
    Participant

Thanks for wrestling with this, Jason. Much appreciated!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

No problem! When you get a chance, don’t hesitate to let me know if this is working or not for you.

nigdowser
    Participant

I will do so, but it will be somewhere down the line as I’m right in the middle of re-designing another website entirely and working on a launch. 🙂 (Good to be busy!)
    But I really do appreciate your work on this.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.