This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Embedding audio file in a page

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    bartwindrum
    Participant

Am I gonna have to upload the Quicktime audio file to my YouTube channel and bring back from there?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

WordPress does provide basic support for self-hosted audio. Use the “Add Media” button to upload and insert the audio, same as an image.

bartwindrum
    Participant

Ah. Hmm: do you know how to save the file so I get only a sound playback look rather than a big empty gray video look? (I mean just the playback strip; very short height).

bartwindrum
    Participant

Say, I got it in as an mp3 :). However, I wonder if you might know…at http://axiomaction.com/rap/ the file’s volume control is a slider flush left below the start button. I had thought it would be one of the several types we typically see on videos and fully embedded within…whatchacallit…the audio file’s black representation. Any clues?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Apologies, I don’t know the answer on that one.

bartwindrum
    Participant

it appears to be a firefox thing; doesn’t occur in Safari. Browser Buffoonery.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.