This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Element Labels

• Creator
    Topic
    mike-se
    Participant

Would it be possible to get Element Labels for the Content Element as well as Image Element – and pretty much all elements which often might be used several times in one section?

In this case for instance these are shop locations by town, have some different formatting and need to be easy to sort around and move:

http://s4.postimg.org/fzbzrl2rh/image.jpg

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hey Mike,

I totally get why you’d want this, and I’d agree it could be nice in your situation of having so many. The problem is that I went through several design iterations with how best to “squish” these elements within the columns, and there’s just too little room to work with there. This was actually one of the biggest design issues with v2 of the plugin I had to work through, and at one point had even programmed in one design and spent an extra week or two, undoing and implementing another one of the design choices.

In your screenshot, you’re only using three columns (out of possible 5) and you’ve got your browser at a pretty wide viewport. The problems set in as the user gets down to smaller desktop viewport sizes, varying number of columns, elements with longer names, etc. There’d just be too much clutter, adding anything to the element bars, which is used to click and drag them around.

mike-se
    Participant

Got it, and fully understand.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.