This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Drop downs in Vertical Nav?

• Creator
    Topic
    k_b
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Not sure if this is possible. I have gone with a vertical navigation in a site that I am working on. Within my menu I have some sub pages but they are appearing as indented pages. Is it possible to use the frameworks navigation drop downs?

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

No, I’m afraid this won’t really work quite right. Generally within a vertical menu, you want to go with something that clicks to open the items opposed to a hover action, which is popular with a horizontal main menu.

You should search around for some plugins either on wordpress.org or codecanyon.net. I’m sure you can find some cool ones that will provide widgets that display custom menus in different ways. But there’s nothing really in Jump Start by default for this.

markp
    Participant

Hey Jason,
    I’ve been toying with this idea and how to use UberMenu (he has a shout out regarding Themeblvd integration on the support docs) in a custom page template.
    Basically, creating a page with header over three divs; left div for UberMenu vertical menu, right div for content, bottom div.
    I’m still working on getting the plugin to play nicely with Jumpstart, but could be a cool addition.
    Mark

Ervan Erfian
    Participant
    markp
    Participant

Hi Ervan,

That’s a good solution and easy.

However, I’m trying to learn more about how to remove and add components into the framework to have more flexibility.

Angela Bowman (askWPgirl.com) has done some awesome designs by removing the default menu and substituting a pure css menu in its place. I’m working through the same idea, except placing uberMenu into the framework instead of a css menu. uberMenu has some cool features that I would like to use design wise.

Thanks for the tip on the other plugin!
    Mark

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.