This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

drop down menus on tablets, need click not hover

• Creator
    Topic
    naughtyhedgehog
    Participant

i think some asked this on the akita forum too, but here goes.
    drop down menus apear on hover with a mouse. but on a tablet you have to click and when you click you get that page and no way to access the drop down options. I’m guessing its something in the css class for the button but not sure what.

Thanks

http://www.coastriders.co.uk

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately there’s no real helpful answer for you here, and there’s nothing I’m aware of that can be changed in this regard.

When you’re on a tablet, there is no hover. So, what most tablets try to do is interpret certain actions it knows to be a hover to happen on the first tap.

As an example, this includes the javascript “hover” action. Most tablets understand that when there is a javascript hover action happening on an anchor, that you want this to happen before clicking through. So the tablet will take your first tap to trigger the hover action and then not trigger the click until the second tap. When I view your site on my iPad, this is exactly what I see happening with your drop downs. The first tap brings down the dropdown, and I have to tap the button a second time for the link to go anywhere.

naughtyhedgehog
    Participant

ok, ta . It wasnt working on ours. I’ll try it on a few others and see if it bothers people. alternativly if I make the first item in the menu a no-click that works too. just didnt want to loos those pages.

Thanks anyway the template is fab and has far improved our image

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.