This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Drop-Down Menu's Fall Behind Sliders w/ Embeded Youtube Video

• Creator
    Topic
    Bill

Drop-Down Menus Fall Behind and are Blocked by Sliders w/ Embeded YOUTUBE VIDEO but does NOT occur with locally hosted FLV

http://stage.reachtni.org/

By Browser:
    +Chrome: Seems unaffected
    +Safari: Seems unaffected
    +Firefox: Menus will be hidden by nested videos (Youtube, etc.) but will jump to front after the slider settles
    +Internet Explorer: Menu is and remains hidden by nested videos (Youtube, etc.)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can you tell me exactly how you’re putting the videos into your slider? Are you using the theme’s video shortcode?

I think this just might be a case of the age-old YouTube embed issue with no wmode which effects z-indexing. Try embedding the video directly and adding in the ?wmode=transparent to the embed URL.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rWJyYnwZ2Yw?wmode=transparent" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Note: This is the embed code you get from going to the video page on YouTube and selecting Share > Embed

Let me know how that goes and I can explore a little more, as well, when I’ve got Internet Explorer handy.

Bill

That fixed it. Thanks Jason.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hey Bill, since you made your username your email address, you may want to go to My Account > Settings and change how your name displays publicly here on the forums. You never know what’s crawling the internet collecting for spam and what not.

Bill

Fixed. Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.