This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Do you consult?

• Creator
    Topic
    suzen_lex
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Do you do hourly consulting? I’m looking for someone experienced with the ins and outs of WP to help with a few issues and would like to do a phone consult. The fist issue is that I want to create a library of 6 include files (one for each Creative Commons license – my bloggers can choose from any of the 6), and be able to insert the selected include file into posts (presumably using shortcode). Secondly, I need to figure out how best to handle managing multiple authors and author boxes on posts and the sidebar. I plan to have a *many* authors over time, relying heavily on guest posts. So I want to set up an efficient system from the get-go to handle all of this. If this is something you do consulting on, please let me know your fees (feel free to contact me offlist). If not, is there anyone you can recommend?

Thanks so much!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Suzen,

Apologies, but I don’t do any consulting or custom work. A great company, though, that I can recommend is called WerkPress. They operate out of Minneapolis, and I’m sure can help you with all of this. They can be a little pricey, but really know their stuff and are pretty well-known in the community.

http://werkpress.com/

The fist issue is that I want to create a library of 6 include files (one for each Creative Commons license – my bloggers can choose from any of the 6), and be able to insert the selected include file into posts (presumably using shortcode)

This is going to involve you essentially just hiring a developer to create a shortcode for you. It doesn’t sound all too complex.

Secondly, I need to figure out how best to handle managing multiple authors and author boxes on posts and the sidebar.

I’ve never personally run one, but having a WordPress blog with multiple authors and frontend signup is a very common thing a lot of people want to do. It’s actually pretty much already supported (at a basic level) in the core of WordPress — i.e. signups, user management, posting from different user-levels, etc.

So, if you’re looking for the cheap, free option, I’m if you search around on the Internet, you can find tons of plugins (and even themes) that do cool stuff with setting up blogs (or possibly “magazine” style sites) with multiple authors — where these types of WP features are enhanced to look not so default-WordPress’ish.

If you’re looking for more of a custom setup for your specific needs, and not relying on features a certain plugin offers to build and style your site around, a company like WerkPress can build on this for you, but obviously will be a much larger investment.

suzen_lex
    Participant

Thanks Jason – I appreciate the referral and your time in responding to my question. 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.