This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Display order of content

• Creator
    Topic
    prozachtx
    Participant

Jason,

My main page has two sliders, posts list, and a right side bar. When viewing the site on a mobile device it displays the posts list before the right sidebar content. Is there a way to reverse this so the sidebar content displays before the posts lists

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Sorry, there’s no feature in the theme for this. When you view your site on mobile, it’s just un-floating all the columns. So the left sidebar would show up above the main content and the right sidebar would show below. This would be a customization you’d need to setup.

However, I believe this is actually possible in CSS alone with something I learned about recently; it’s called “flex-boxing”.

Here’s an overview: http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/html-css-techniques/an-introduction-to-css-flexbox/ (See section titled “Ordering”)

So I think the gist would be you’d target the viewport for mobile, and then set the container around the columns you want to order to display:box. Then you’d order the elements inside that container (i.e. your sidebar and main content column).

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.