This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Disable Built-in Magnific Pop Up

• Creator
    Topic
    kennethfeldman
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I typically like to use a different lightbox plugin for my image pop ups. (Fancybox for WordPress)

Is there a way (via a function, or other method) to easily disable the built in Magnific Pop Up functionality?

(I understand that this will disable all of the other things that the Magnific Pop Up script does as well.)

I’ve done this in the past by commenting out the Magnific Pop Up section of the Parent Theme >> Framework >> ASSETS >> JS >> THEMEBLVD.JS.

But this can get overwritten on upgrade, and I was wondering if there’s a way to just disable the Magnific Pop Up via a function in the child theme’s functions.php file?

(Obviously, without disabling the Magnific Pop Up, I get two lightbox popups on images.)

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

See this article:
    http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/managing-framework-features/

And to see the most up-to-date version of the code you’ll be filtering see line 206 of /framework/includes/general.php — Jump Start 2.0-beta2

Per the example in the article, you’re just filtering $setup['assets']['magnific_popup'] to false.

kennethfeldman
    Participant

Great, thanks!

I added this and it did the trick:

function remove_magnific_popup( $setup ) {
        $setup['assets']['magnific_popup'] = false;
        return $setup;
    }
    add_filter( 'themeblvd_global_config', 'remove_magnific_popup' );
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.