This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

didn't install sample content first–please help!

• Creator
    Topic
    tmws
    Participant

Hi. I thought that I should build the website following the videos one-by-one (in order), which is what I did. Then I got to the video on the sample content and realized that I didn’t already have a lot of the necessary material. I have put a LOT of time into putting the site together so far. Can you please tell me how I can possibly get the widgets and footers as you have them in the demo without having to start over? I have put many hours into the site so far and really cannot re-install a fresh version of WP. I would very much like to have the custom widgets and footers. Please help.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    tmws
    Participant

Hi. I am really freaking out. Please answer as soon as possible. I have worked on this site for a while now, taking my time but thinking that when I finished all videos, the site would have the same functions as the sample. I think loading demo content should really be the first video. ๐Ÿ™

Can you please tell me how to get your customized widgets into a four column footer? I don’t know what else I might be missing but that seems the most obvious on the front page. I’m not sure about sidebar widgets. But my front page looks about like your demo (with my own content). I just can’t make the footers.

Please do not tell me that I have to start over. Pretty please. ๐Ÿ™

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I don’t put this as the first video because I personally think starting out your website with sample content is not a good idea. I think it’s a waste of resources on your server and makes your website much more complicated than it needs to be right out of the gate. I say this because noone would be setting up all the content I’m using on the demo, as I’m doing my best to show you examples of all possible things you can do with the theme. However, I supply the materials because many people request them.

You don’t need to import any sample content for the footer. Setting up the footer is easy. It’s setup from Appearance > Theme Options > Layout > Footer.

For the demo, you can see how I have the options setup for the footer here: http://themeblvd.com/demo/assets/alyeska/theme_options_layout.png

Under Appearance > Widget Areas, I created three floating widget areas: http://www.uploadblvd.com/uploads/image_5108643fdb36f.png

And hereโ€™s whatโ€™s in those three floating widget areas under Appearance > Widgets: http://picturestack.com/123/892/xT2ScreenShotjkU.png

See the Widget Area manager section of your documentation for more information on working with custom widget areas and floating widget areas, assigning them to different pages, etc.

tmws
    Participant

Thank you so much!! I didn’t mean to be critical, just suggesting. I thought this had to be first because you said in video (on adding content) that it should done first on a clean site. That’s what scared me. But THANK YOU (!!) for clearing this up. I will follow your instructions and appreciate them. ๐Ÿ™‚

tmws
    Participant

Jason I really do appreciate and thank you for those links and instructions. The more I work with your template, the more I really love it. I’m just wondering: is there another page with all of your videos? Because I didn’t see that video and maybe missed something. I’m just wondering if I’m missing a page with all videos related to this theme.

Also, when you said “see the widget area manager section of your documentation for more information on working with custom widget areas,” what documentation are you talking about? Do you mean the videos? Or could you give a link to that documentation? Thank you very much for the answers.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In the ZIP package you downloaded from ThemeForest where you found the alyeska.zip theme file to install, there is also a folder called “documentation” and inside that a file called “index.html” — This simply an HTML webpage. Just open up this file in your web browser (i.e. Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.