This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Demo xml file not working

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This is just a standard WordPress export file form the theme’s live demo. Can you please be more specific on what issue you’re facing? You just need to import the sample data XML file through Tools > Import. Is there a specific issue you’re running into when you try to do this?

imagedept.

Hi yes I did the import through tools > import and received no error messages that’s what perplexing. There are just no theme pages, sliders, posts, comments etc. showing up. in the admin area. Same applies to the Widget import. I’ll try a fresh install and see if something changes. Thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I think there may be some confusion or we’re not on the same page here.

There are just no theme pages, sliders, posts, comments etc. showing up. in the admin area.

What else are you expecting to get imported through the XML file?

imagedept.

I would expect there to be page layouts and sliders that are the same as the demo site you already built.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Wow, I completely mis-read the sentence I quoted. I didn’t see the word “no” — I thought you said: “There are just theme pages, sliders, posts, comments etc. showing up. in the admin area.”

When you import the XML file, you say there are no error messages, but do you get the standard success message after the import is done? If not, I’m thinking the file is just too large for your server environment and your server is timing out.

imagedept.

lol. Shoot I don’t remember. I know when I try to import the xml file again a list of items that have already been installed is displayed. The css and images assets look to be on the server.

imagedept.

I did not get the standard success message. All I get is “Failed to create new user for admin. Their posts will be attributed to the current user.” it seems there should be two more lines but there isn’t. My hosting company does not see an issue uploading a 1.1mb xml file. I’ve installed other themes and xml files on this same dedicated server without issue before. Any other idea? Thanks.

imagedept.

FYI, the slider xml file uploads fine at only 40kb so I think you’re right about the server environment timing out. My hosting company is not giving me the best advise I think. Thanks.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.