This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: , ,

Default Demo Install

• Creator
    Topic
    mar2195
    Participant

Is there a way to truly have the identical Alyeska WP install as the demo (i.e: framework, plugins, slideshows, etc.)? I have followed the docs and the vids. I do not have the EXACT demo WP site as presented here: http://demo.themeblvd.com/?theme=alyeska
    … even after installing the “child” and the plugins. (*There is no main slideshow on the home page.) I really would like to start my customization from the actual theme content.

Thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    mar2195
    Participant

Do you make any additional edits?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I KNOW that I did exactly that. I have no idea why it’s working now. It’s not rocket science.

1. Appearance > Widgets … Drag the Widget to the desired section … SAVE
    2. Appearance > Theme Options … Select “Floating Widget Area” and select the Footer section … SAVE

That’s it, right?

Yup, that’s all there is to it. Hmm, the only thing I can think of is some sort of caching issue? Maybe you had a plugin like W3 Total Cache or WP Supercache going? Or possibly a temporary blip with your web host’s MySQL databases like where things aren’t immediately updating? (i.e. the just saved theme options weren’t being pulled on the fontend) — Not sure your setup, but I know this happens from time to time on inexpensive, shared hosting where you’re sharing with many customers.

Do you make any additional edits?

Do you mean like customization service? — We refer everyone to our customization partners, WerkPress:

http://support.themeblvd.com/customizations/

Or, did you mean to write “Did” — As in did I make any other edits in your site? And the answer is no. All I did was apply the widget areas on your theme options page and saved the theme options page.

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.