This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Custom Post Types and the Post List Slider Shortcode

• Creator
    Topic
    k_b
    Participant

Hi,

I’m attempting to use the Post List Slider Shortcode. I have created a Custom Post Type with a Taxonomy but cannot get it to appear within a Post List Slider.

Here is my shortcode:

[post_list_slider fx=”slide” timeout=”4″ nav_standard=”true” nav_arrows=”true” pause_play=”true” categories=”locations” thumbs=”full” post_content=”default” posts_per_slide=”1″ numberposts=”-1″ orderby=”date” order=”DESC” offset=”0″]

My custom taxonomy is called ‘locations’ – any idea as to how I can pull in this into a Post List Slider?

Many thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I apologize, but there’s no feature to allow you to feed in a custom post type or taxonomy to a post list slider.

sharonq
    Participant

If you are building a wish list I could use this too….

k_b
    Participant

This would be a great if you could include this functionality.

PS: I noticed in the Post Slider shortcode generator that there is an option for a Custom Query. Can this be used to pull in a Custom Post Type or Taxonomy?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In regards to the Post List Slider and Post Grid Slider, I do now have a custom “query” option added for the next update to the Shortcodes plugin and framework.

PS: I noticed in the Post Slider shortcode generator that there is an option for a Custom Query. Can this be used to pull in a Custom Post Type or Taxonomy?

Yes, however this shortcode currently does not do anything. You need to wait for Jump Start 1.0.1 for this shortcode to function.

Starting with Jump Start 1.0.1 and Theme Blvd Shortcodes 1.0.5, Post List Sliders, Post Grid Sliders, and Post Sliders, will allow you to do a custom post type and taxonomy by utilizing the “query” parameter something like this:

post_type=your_post_type&your_tax=your_term
    k_b
    Participant

Great news, thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.