This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Custom Layout Slider & Shortcode

• Creator
    Topic
    ithouse
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I am trying to make a custom layout with a slider on the top and for the content area of the page, I want to use a shortcode that is a booking software plugin.

It seems that with this new update that I installed for the swagger theme, it is not allowing me to post both.

The plugin loads but the slider on top just seems to never complete its loading process.

check out this photo

http://i42.tinypic.com/2cr9ixc.png

Any ideas on why the new updated theme will not allow me to do this?

Thanks,
    Bobby

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Bobby,

You most likely have a javascript conflict somewhere. Can you provide a live link to the issue?

ithouse
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Yes.

Here is the link

http://ithhostels.com/adventure-activities/

Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This plugin has a lot of complicated javascript going on that gets inserted inline directly in the middle of the page unfortunately. So, I can’t tell you why this is happening. But if you say it was working before the update, I could give you one possible thing you could try from your Child theme that may fix it with your unique setup.

Basically the idea here is to include the flexslider plugin (used for the slider) before your booking plugin does anything to break it. You could try doing something like this from your child theme’s functions.php:

function my_scripts() {

// Deregister current flexslider set to go in footer
    	wp_deregister_script( 'flexslider' );

// Enqueue again for <head>
    	wp_enqueue_script( 'flexslider', TB_FRAMEWORK_URI . '/assets/js/flexslider.min.js', array('jquery'), '2.1' );

}
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_scripts', 11 ); // Priority 11 after theme

… Or because you don’t have a child theme currently installed, do this in the main theme’s functions.php just to see if it works. And then if it does, I would suggest setting up a child theme and moving it there.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.