This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Custom Layout Issue

• Creator
    Topic
    c3lt1cs
    Participant

I have a problem with the site that I’ve built, and here is how I’ve built it:

1) I have gone to the Reading > Frontpage displays, and selected “your latest posts.”

2) In the Builder, I have created a custom layout. It has a single Post List element, with the number of posts set to 1. It also has a single Post List (Paginated) element, with the Posts Per Page set to 4.

3) Finally, I have gone to Appearance > Theme Options > Homepage Content, and selected Custom Layout. (And then, below that, selected the custom layout that I’ve built with the Builder)

Here is what’s happening: Both the Post List and the Post List (Paginated) elements display 4 items on the blog page, instead of 1 Post List item and 4 Post List (Paginated) items. In other words, the Post List (Paginated) appears to be overriding the Post List setting.

You can view this behavior by visiting the web site at: http://www.celticsinsider.com

What I want to have happen is this: I want 1 Post List item, followed by 4 Post List (Paginated) items on the page, which isn’t currently happening. I have tried a number of things and I’m out of ideas. I would be happy to share with you my site’s logon credentials if you have time to take a look. Please let me know what can be done to correct this issue.

Thank You

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yeah send over the login details and I can check it out in the morning. If this is some error in the theme, maybe I can help utilize the custom query options of the elements to force what you’re wanting.

You can send the info by going to My Account > Submit Private Info here on the support website. Make sure and post back here when you’ve done that so I know to check.

c3lt1cs
    Participant

Thank you so much – I have just emailed you my site, the username, and the password. Any assistance you can provide in resolving this issue is greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you!

Regards,

Michael

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Thanks, Michael. We should have a lot of this wonky-ness worked out already for the next update, as I’ve completely re-structured how all these things are queried.

Anyway, as a fix to force things to work correctly for now, you’ll notice in the first post list element, I put the following in for the custom query string:

showposts=1
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.