This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Custom Layout is now synced with Template after theme builder update.

• Creator
    Topic
    tunethetemple
    Participant

This comment now appears at the top of the edit page for a custom layout homepage on my website:

“This page’s layout is currently synced with the template selected above, which can only be edited from the Templates page.”

If I unsync this custom layout page, will I lose my layout?

I see that the elements which are normally on the edit page under the content box are no longer there. There are over in templates.

I am afraid to unsync because I don’t want to lose all my work! please help!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

The layout builder now works conceptually a little different than before. There used to just be these layouts that were applied to a page, and while you could edit them from the Edit Page screen, they were still not part of the current page.

Now, there is a separation between what is called a “template” (a re-usable layout) and the custom layout of a current page. Before trying anything in your WP admin, watch the two following videos from your theme’s updated documentation in their entirety:

Overview: https://vimeo.com/112649094
    Templates: https://vimeo.com/112649093

… After watching the videos and understanding how the new interface works, you can go back to the Edit Page screen, feel comfortable clicking the “Un-sync Template” link and then apply your original template as a “starting point” from the dropdown menu. This will insert all of your template’s currently configured elements into your page’s custom layout. Then, you can even delete the original template, if you want.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.