This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Custom Header in Barely Corporate?

• Creator
    Topic
    ericlepping

Hello,
    Just installing Barely Corporate. Is there a way to add a custom header to the theme? I did some searching in the forums and documentation but haven’t found an answer.
    Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Are you referring to the actual WordPress custom header feature a lot of blog themes support? The theme does not support this, as you’ve got more of a classic business website kind of setup. All of your options for the header can be found at Appearance > Theme Options > Layout > Header. Essentially you can upload a logo image, select from social icons, and select the orientation of these items.

ericlepping

Thank you. So, could a custom logo fill the whole “header” area? In other words, could I add a logo that was sized at 960px x 180px?
    This isn’t a super important requirement for my client, though.
    Thank you!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, definitely. Whatever size image you upload is going to get placed in that area. You actually have 900px to work with there with the header’s padding. So, when you put in an image, if it’s larger than that, it’s going to scaled down to 900px with CSS when it’s displayed because it’s got to fit in the container of the header.

Here’s another topic with a CSS snippet for removing this padding, which will open you up to 940px of space to work with.

http://support.themeblvd.com/forums/topic/css-customizations-how-to-remove-padding-in-the-header-2/

ericlepping

OK, got it. Thanks a ton for the speedy and helpful support!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.