This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Custom Field

• Creator
    Topic
    gnuandyou

2 Quick question,

1. do you have a doc with all your custom codes

2. is there anyway to hide the “read more” button on post list, so just have it display the post (if its a short post for example)

My idea was to create a custom field and create a CSS rule that would hide it… any thoughts?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

1. do you have a doc with all your custom codes

I’m sorry I don’t really know what you mean by this?

2. is there anyway to hide the “read more” button on post list, so just have it display the post (if its a short post for example)

You can sort of do this without needing to make any customizations. — When you’re configuring your post list, you want to set it up to show “full content” and NOT “excerpts”. By doing this, it will make it so you have to insert the “more” tag into your posts.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Read_More

The only drawback here is that the the “Read More” link outputted there will not look like the nicely styled button.

gnuandyou

sorry I was talking about custom fields (for customizing post list and post grid), and I found them in the theme docs.

gnuandyou

Yea I figured that, my idea was to create a custom field switch that would hide it on only select posts OR have it display the full post or except only.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yea I figured that, my idea was to create a custom field switch that would hide it on only select posts OR have it display the full post or except only.

Sure, you could do that. If you’re looking for where to incorporate the results of your your custom field, I’d add it to the function called “themeblvd_blog_content_default” found in /framework/frontend/functions/display.php — Here’s how to edit these functions from your Child theme:

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/editing-framework-functions/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.