This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Custom Default Category Pages

• Creator
    Topic
    tdean
    Participant

Is there a way for me to have custom category pages? So if someone uses the breadcrumb trail I can have custom content instead of just all the posts in that category listed out?

I tried WP Custom Category Pages but it’s really only working 90% of the way. The H1 “entry-header” is pulling from some random post and it’s not using the category headline I gave it within the custom category plugin.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Are you familiar with template hierarchy? — http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy

What you’d want to do is copy archive.php of the theme to your child theme and then re-name it category.php. And now you can edit this file to your liking.

Note that the title of the Archive page is currently hooked to themeblvd_content_top, which you’ll see in this file.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.