This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Content of posts not showing when link is placed in social media

• Creator
    Topic
    rctv15
    Participant

Hi Jason –

I have our company’s website/blog built on the Complexity theme, and when I cut and paste the url from the blog posts into facebook, the title of the post shows up, but rather than text from the post appearing under the title, boiler plate from the site about the company shows up (although I have yet to identify from exactly where it’s being pulled). How might I have this set up incorrectly so that the title appears, but the text does not? (http://postimg.org/image/pdpzdab2h/)

Thanks very much, Jason. I appreciate your insights!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

It’s pulling from your meta description in the theme’s SEO settings. If you view the source of your website, you can see this text in the meta description towards the top. In the theme’s SEO settings, I believe there’s a way to set it so that it pulls from the current post’s excerpt, as to provide a unique description for each page.

In all honesty, I’m going from memory in how the theme used to work. It’s been a couple years since I’ve looked at the admin of a Complexity install. — Please note that Complexity is no longer a product we support. Instead we have included a free, new theme called Commodore, which has the same basic outer design, but uses our current responsive theme framework. This can be downloaded from your ThemeForest downloads page.

rctv15
    Participant

Thank you, Jason! I appreciate your help.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.