This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Conflict with Sponsors Carousel Plugin

• Creator
    Topic
    tarynike

Hi,
    I had installed the Sponsors Carousel plugin, which my client really likes, but it broke the sliders within the rest of the theme – they just weren’t showing up. Any idea on how to fix that? I’m using the post grid slider as a way around this but my client really likes this Sponsors Carousel plugin if I can get it work and not break the theme. Any help you can offer would so appreciated.

In case not, is there a way to make the post grid slider continuous? For instance, I have six images, so since only five show per slide, when you scroll to the next slide, it just shows one image. Is there a way it can show that sixth image, and then restart with the first image, without having to restart on a new slide, so there’s not a lot of blank spaces on that second slide holding the sixth image?

Thanks so much!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You got a link to the issue?

tarynike

Ope – sorry about that. Keep in mind the site is in beginning stages of development so doesn’t have a whole lot in there yet.

Then, on this page, at the top, there’s supposed to be a slider in there that shows up fine if I deactivate the Sponsor Carousel plugin. At the bottom of this page is also the post grid slider that’s also visible when that other plugin is deactivated.

Thanks! 🙂

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’d honestly just look for another plugin. I’m sure there are tons out there that provide some kind of carousel like this. Search over on code canyon, as well, for some more options in addition to wordpress.org.

This plugin does a huge no-no — It includes its own version of jQuery that replaces the jQuery used by WordPress. The version of jQuery it’s including is pretty old, and the theme’s slider plugin FlexSlider isn’t compatible. Realistically, moving forward, you’re probably going to see this causes conflicts with other features of the theme and other plugins you use.

Funny enough, I have a friend that just went on a giant rant about this a couple weeks ago: http://pippinsplugins.com/why-loading-your-own-jquery-is-irresponsible/

tarynike

Ahh – very good info. Thank you!

Hey . . . is there a way to make your post grid slider somehow continuous? Now you can see it at the bottom of this page.

It’d be nice if, like now, I have a number of sponsors logos that are not equal to the number allowed per slide, if there was a way to start them over. So, instead of the second slide showing just one image (the sixth one), it shows the sixth image, then starts over with the first image, etc. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

No, there’s nothing in the theme to accomplish this, unfortunately. What they call “carousel” features of FlexSlider (what the theme uses) I don’t think is the type of carousel you’re trying to achieve.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.