This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Complexity Themes future

• Creator
    Topic
    giochrono

Hi,

I just purchased complexity after finding the look a good base for what i wanted to achieve with my site and seeing you have a lot of clear instructions on its use, however i came across mentions on your blog about how you may not update that site and its on an older framework. Since I’m just starting off on putting a site together for a personal project that i will have to maintain myself with limited time, I’m now concerned that i may be using a old set up that may fall behind soon and not be cared for with future updates and concerned I have miss-spent $48. Should i switch to Alyeska Responsive theme now before i continue working on my site? I’d rather not have to shell out more cash on what is a personally funded project at this time.

Regards

Gio

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Gio,

All of our themes run on a shared framework. Complexity still runs on v1 and will eventually be updated and re-done to work with v2. This will involve essentially an entire over haul of the theme. This will not realistically happen for a while though, most like later in this calendar year.

These are the themes that are currently running v2 of the framework:

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/compatible-themes/

giochrono

Hi Jason,

So the new framework allow you to update more easily? creating new themes but also I assume this helps you offer support more effectively? Just curious about the difference on my end if I were to stick with Complexity untll a framework 2 version comes about as opposed to switching now to Alyeska responsive for example. Will you still support complexity equally until you update it (assuming you do of course). Have you written more info about the difference on your blog somewhere i can read up to educate myself to some degree?
    I just like Complexity a tad more but would like to make best use of what you are putting together here as I think its pretty cool. If I switch to Alyeska responsive now, any change of a discount since I was unaware I had bought an ‘old’ framework version? 😉

Regards

Gio

giochrono

Have opted to go for Akita Responsive to be safe and future proof myself better. Seems pretty much identical with the right settings to the look i had with complexity. Additional features seem worth it too.

Cheers

Gio

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Great, glad you figured out what you want to do!

giochrono

Pretty excited at the possibilities available with it.

Well my two purchases go in the pot to help keep the good work going 😉

Cheers

Gio

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.