This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Complexity 3 Footer Columns to Commodore 3 Footer Columns

• Creator
    Topic
    hamstert
    Participant

Hi there,

Almost two years ago I bought Complexity for the website of my store. The setup of that theme was as followed:

– Menu
    – Slider (Centered)
    – 3 Columns consisted of: 1. Welcome text, 2. News, 3. Image of Logo
    – Slogan
    – 3 Footer columns consisted of: 1. All pages shown sorted by ID, 2. Facebook Box, 3. Widget with Opening Hours.

I tried today to make a switch to Commodore.
    Everything works perfect, but after hours of trying I seem not be able to create 3 Footer Columsn. Everytime I try, the content of these columns are displayed below each others at 100% width. Although I’ve made a custom layout with three columns 33% 33% and 33%

Nevertheless, i am stuck, maybe it is very simple, maybe it is impossible with Commodore. Help and advice would perfect!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Keep in mind that the custom layout only applies to your content of the current, specific page, where-as the header and footer would be site-wide theme layout items for your site. So, the footer columns are not part of your custom layout that you’re creating in the Builder.

Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Layout > Footer to setup your footer columns. There, you can select to show three columns, their widths, and what’s in them (very similar to using the “columns” element of the Builder).

After doing this, if you have any areas, Builder or Footer, where columns are not displaying properly as columns, make sure to post a link to the issue, and I can check it out.

hamstert
    Participant

Thanks, it worked!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.