This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Comments on page

• Creator
    Topic
    wabimedia
    Participant

I applied a custom layout to a page that originally contained the comments but do not appear on the page and do not enable the option to leave a comment on the page. could you tell me the reason? thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

When you apply a custom layout, you’re replacing the layout of the page with the custom layout. So, you’re not going to have the comments template you would in your standard page template.

Adding this would be a customization you’ll need to make from your child theme. I’ll go ahead and paste in a response on an other topic from our Jump Start forum, which will help you get started.

http://support.themeblvd.com/forums/topic/comments-pages-custom-layout/

==============

You may be able to create an element for the layout builder that you could then add into your custom layout using the Layout Builder API.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/add-remove-builder-elements/

For example, possibly something like this may do the trick:

/**
     * Register comments element
     */
    themeblvd_add_builder_element( 'my_comments', 'Comments', 'none', array(), 'my_display_comments' );

/**
     * Display comments element
     */
    function my_display_comments( $id, $options, $location ) {
        comments_template();
    }
    wabimedia
    Participant

I set the page as standard templates but the comments are not displayed. I’m sorry

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In this theme, comments do not display on pages; they only display on posts. To get comments on a page with standard template, or custom layout, would only be possible through code customization from your child theme.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.