This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Comments not working on posts

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    studiomatrix
    Participant

Nevermind, I’ve figured out the reason. On previous posts the option of ‘discussion’ and ‘trackbacks/pings’ were checkmarked, but on this particular post, they weren’t checkmarked. Once I went to the individual post and looked to see, I marked the unchecked areas as checked, refreshed and the current comments showed up. Thanks anyways.

studiomatrix
    Participant

Oh and a question, why do the CURRENT comments disappear when the boxes for ‘discussion’ and ‘trackbacks/pings’ get unchecked? Sometimes a post gets a lot of spam, so we tend to turn comments off after a certain period of time. The comments that came in before turning them off on that particular post should have stayed visible. Is that something that can be fixed?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Oh and a question, why do the CURRENT comments disappear when the boxes for ‘discussion’ and ‘trackbacks/pings’ get unchecked?

This shouldn’t happen. What version of Alyeska are you using?

studiomatrix
    Participant

Ah, well, I looked and this version is 1.1.3. Looks like I need to upgrade the theme. Would that help you think?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

That would solve the current issue you’re asking about, yes. And in all honesty, at this point, it’s not really all that safe to be using original Alyeska v1 (your v1.1.3 was published in April, 2011).

We’re currently on v3.1, but starting with v2.0 (published January, 2012), the theme was essentially completely re-done at that point. Here’s the original article that was posted, outlining all of the info about updating from v1 to v2+ —

http://www.jasonbobich.com/theme-forest-updates/some-big-updates-to-my-themes-and-some-common-questions-answered/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.