This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Where did you learn your web design skills?

• Creator
    Topic
    mattvd

Where did you learn your web design skills? Self tought?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In the beginning I was definitely sort of self-taught up to a certain point.

About four years ago I finished a B.A. in Multimedia Design. There wasn’t a whole lot of programming here, but more study of web design in general, the Internet and its history, how people interact with stuff, etc. By the end, I was pretty proficient in all things CSS/HTML, and had a somewhat decent starting foundation for PHP and WordPress, in general.

And about a year ago, I finished a second degree, a B.S. in computer science, that I was sort of doing nights in my free time. I think this really took things to the another level personally, programming-wise. It brought to light more the mechanics behind the bigger design of the applications, all the main OOP principles, etc — opposed to just understanding the basics of PHP, and fumbling around with other people’s examples.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.