This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Clickable Telephone Number

• Creator
    Topic
    michaelshinosky
    Participant

I’m looking for a solution to be able to click on the header telephone number. {a href=”tel:3866711990″} 386.671.1990{/a} won’t work when inputting into that field option in Theme Options Layout. It takes out the tel: and leaves the rest. Any ideas? Would be nice to have and quite close to a necessity for a responsive theme like this. Also – The email address option in Theme Blvd Simple Contact Widget is not responding correctly to the responsiveness of the theme. The email address is spilling off into the background.

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

WordPress’s default sanitization will strip this out how I have this setup (obviously as you already know). I’m honestly not sure off the top of my head how to get around it, as WP doesn’t see this as a correct URL.

This has actually come up a couple of times, but I don’t believe it’s really necessary; it seems a little old fashioned. If you did that, then you’re going to have a clickable telephone number in your website’s header for the desktop user. However, most smart phones already automatically turn phone numbers into a clickable telephone number when it’s plain text. So, that’s why it seems, to me personally, it would make more sense to have the phone number without any kind of link.

michaelshinosky
    Participant

I agree. You know how clients get sometimes though. I remember being able to touch a phone number on my mobile and it came up. Doesn’t seem to be working for me on the site I’m working on. Maybe I have to include the phone number a certain way. No worries. Thanks for the response.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Out of curiosity, what kind of phone are you on? For example, all iPhones will turn anything that looks like a phone number in its Safari browser into a clickable number automatically.

michaelshinosky
    Participant

Samsung Intercept – older phone – but it has a slide out keyboard for fast texting. That’s why I still have it. I checked it on a Iphone – it does work :). Just doesn’t work on my phone with Android 2.2.2. Also when in wide screen mode – the theme picks up the settings for a tablet. Does not do that with the Iphone thank goodness. Loads super fast on the iphone. My phone: it won’t even let me scroll down the page in wide view mode because of the slider. Other subpages work. But again – It’s an older phone – so I’m worried about it. I will test on newer androids and see how it performs.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by michaelshinosky. Reason: Typo
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.