This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Child Categories Not Working

• Creator
    Topic
    jahuron
    Participant

Hello there,

Just bought the Swagger theme. Is there a way to make it so that my child categories will appear as a drop down under the parent categories?

Thanks!

Josh

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Josh,

I don’t know that I’m quite understanding specifically what the issue is. Are you talking about using WordPress’s categories widget? Do you have a link to the issue so I can see the context to which you’re referring and what the issue is exactly?

jahuron
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Jason. I’ve had the site locked until I can get all the setup and quirks worked out, but I unlocked it so we could figure this out. I really appreciate your help!

The site is inroadpress.com. You’ll see the menu (Auto, Business, etc.). In WP, I have a number of sub categories, but none show up on the site – only the parent categories.

Any help would be much appreciated! : )

Josh

jahuron
    Participant

But to actually answer your question, no, I’m not using WP widgets. I tried to use the Menu function that was include with the Swagger theme. I can add categories just fine, but don’t see how to add subcategories. Does this make sense?

Josh

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

The theme doesn’t actually include anything to do with creating menus. Are you just talking about WordPress’s built-in menu builder at Appearance > Menus?

From the “Categories” section of the menu builder, you can select Parent and Child categories, alike.

And then once the items are added to your menu, you need to drag them into place in order for them to appear as drop downs. Dragging menu items beneath another puts them into a dropdown menu.

Make sense?

jahuron
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Thanks so much for your reply. I’m really not sure what I did the first time. Simply adding them and aligning the parent/child categories did the trick. I could swear I did that before, and it didn’t work. I did re-install the theme. Maybe that helped. Or, I could have just done something wrong (you can see that I’m no pro at WP). Anyways, thanks for your good help with this!

Josh

jahuron
    Participant

Thanks again, Jason, with the guidance on adjusting my sidebars. I was able to adjust them, then messed them up, then revert the way I had it initially. : ) I see how to do it, but just need to mess with it a bit to get it how I want it.

Just a note – not that it matters to me. I clicked on both links – the one for the category issue, and also the one for the sidebars, and both brought me to this page. Maybe the issue is on my end. Anyways, I really appreciate your help. Swagger is a great theme. You did a really nice job on it.

Josh

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.