This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Changing the Post and Category Page Template

• Creator
    Topic
    imagedept.

Hello, I am using the Swagger Theme and am trying to figure out how to customize the template for the Posts and Categories pages. I just need to change the right sidebar to be the same as the sidebar I created for all the other pages in the site. I thought the video “Part 2: Deeper into the Post List Template” would help but I don’t think that is the way.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    imagedept.

I found the solution in Appearance > Widget Areas. Thank you.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I just need to change the right sidebar to be the same as the sidebar I created for all the other pages in the site.

By default, you should only have one right sidebar that appears across your entire site. You don’t need to mess with the templates that display categories or posts. Checkout the videos series in your documentation on widget areas.

Have you been creating custom widget areas under Appearance > Widget Areas? Can you tell me a little more about what you’ve setup in this regard so I can point you in the right direction?

imagedept.

Thanks I’ll look at that Video section. Yes, I created a custom widget for my own sidebar information then applied that widget using “Widget Area Assignments” to all the pages, posts & categories. I guess I could have just used the default right sidebar to accomplish the same thing. http://test.nwsigns.com/

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Ok, perfect. So now everything is good? Or are there still any unanswered questions here? Or something that doesn’t make sense?

imagedept.

Everything is good. Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.