This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Changing out body background colors and images

• Creator
    Topic
    inetinitiatives
    Participant

Hi Jason!

Have really loved your themes for ages, thank you for the great work. I have a client whose site I designed and implemented a couple of years ago. They’re wanting to take their site to a more minimal design look, which would entail making the actual content areas/containers close to or in some cases white. I know that the great effects (rounded corners, shadowing, etc.) are accomplished with images… and I’d need to deal with all the remnants, etc.

Would there be a good approach for me to revise the theme in this way, addressing all the images in order to create a more “white” look overall? Or should I be steering them towards a complete theme change? Would the JumpStart theme be a better option? I’d love to keep the Alyeska theme if at all possible… any advice is appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m honestly not really sure how to quite answer this. I think whether you choose to heavily modify Alyeska or pick another theme would depend on your level of understanding of the CSS and HTML and how that would transition to the specific design you’re wanting.

But Alyeska does include an older version of our framework. You’ll get a lot more modern features and design components if you go with one of our framework 2.5+ themes, currently including Jump Start and Denali. And hopefully to be live on ThemeForest by the end of this week, Gnar.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.