This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Change "Read more"

• Creator
    Topic
    jakwikst

Hi, where can I translate the “Read more” text on posts? I use the WPML plugin and need to translate it into swedish and finnish?
    Regards, Jakob

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Jakob,

You’ll find this string registered for localization with the text domain called “themeblvd_front” — You’ll want to contact WPML support for help using their plugin to translate the text strings of your theme and plugins. I believe they have a String Translation addon for WPML that you can use to quickly translate these items through your WordPress admin panel.

So, to sum up, when using WPML’s String Translation addon, the text domain “themeblvd_front” is where you’ll find this text string along with all other text strings of the theme that appear on the frontend of your website.

http://wpml.themeblvd.com/documentation/string-translation/

cowboymike
    Participant

Jason, I think “Read More” comes up in the string swap plugin. Not sure if that helps for translation though.
    Happy trails, Mike

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by cowboymike.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by cowboymike.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jason Bobich.
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Jason, I think “Read More” comes up in the string swap plugin. Not sure if that helps for translation though.

@cowboymike It is, but the problem is that jakwikst is using WPML to create a multi-lingual website, and so he needs it to be translated based on the current language the user is viewing the site in.

jakwikst

Hi, i needed to disable the “string swap plugin” and set WPML string translation->”original language of strings” to english. My sites languages are swedish and finnish. When I did this, I could translate the string both the swedish and finnish. I got great support from WPML.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Awesome, glad to hear it!

hm35

What if i don’t use WPML ?
    I don’t use WPML and i just need to change the “Read more” text in a page using the [post_list] shortcode
    I ‘ve looked at content-list.php and shortodes.php but it doen’t help.

In which file can i change the “Read more” text ?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster
    hm35

BRILLIANT !
    Problem solved in less than 2 minutes thanks to this plugin !
    You Rock !

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.