This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Change "light" body style to all white

• Creator
    Topic
    mstoey
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to figure out how to change everything in the “light” body style from grey to white. So if you look at my site, everything you see in light grey I would like to turn white, including the sidebar and the grey area surrounding the slider.
    Any help appreciated! Thanks.

http://goldenretrieverwebsite.com/

Melissa

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Melissa,

I apologize, but there is no feature in the theme for this, unfortunately, and would be a customization you’d need to make.

Using the boxed layout, it’s going to be sort of tricky. You’d need to re-create the images around the corners and making up the sidebar shadows, along with finding any background color values in the CSS.

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

mstoey
    Participant

Thanks.
    It looks like I may have it.

First I added this custom CSS:

#featured .featured-inner, #main .main-inner, #featured_below .featured_below-inner, #bottom #colophon {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    margin-left: 20px;
    margin-right: 20px;
    }

Then I just removed the background images from the style sheet, like the side bar images.

Right now I’m just trying to figure out how to get rid of the grey gradient around the footer.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You’d target #bottom .footer_content from your Custom CSS and override the padding, box shadow, border, and background color properties on this selector.

[edit] Looks like you figured that bit out already!

mstoey
    Participant

Thanks for the hint. All squared away now.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.