This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Change font color

• Creator
    Topic
    jmucalov
    Participant

Hi there,
    How do I change the main font color? Right now, it’s a mid-grey. I’d like to make that darker, closer to black. I’m talking about the font color for most of the main text, eg., posts, home page,etc.
    I can’t give you my site yet as I’m still live with another theme. But I’ve bought Akita, with the intention of switching my existing site over to this theme.
    I’ve been playing around with the font I want, but I think they all look a little too light.
    Is it just a little code that I’d stick at the end of the Editor? (I’m working in a Child Theme, so guess I’d just stick it in that CSS.??)
    Thanks!
    Janice

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the overriding edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

For example —

#main { color: #000; }

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

tina99
    Participant

I added that little piece of code to the appearance > theme options > scroll down to the bottom > Custom CSS and that worked perfectly to change the main font color throughout the site. Thank you.
    #main { color: #000; }

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.