This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Can't Get Table Centered on WP Page

• Creator
    Topic
    val

I am trying to center a table in a WordPress post under the image at this link:

http://hansatoyscanada.ca/monkeys-page-36/

No matter what I try, the table still floats left. (I’m using this as a test page, as once I get it figured out I will need to apply to all the pages on the site.)

What I am trying to do is get the text under the image centered, yet keep the text left-aligned. The image is centered, and I’d like the text centered, as well.

However, if I simply use the command on the text without using a table, it pushes the huge navigation menu askew and makes it look both messy and amateurish.

I need to align all the text in the table to the left; I need to then align the table to the center – so that it appears nicely centered under the image.

Any suggestions as to how to do this?

(So far I’ve tried to increase the cell padding, cell spacing, add a tag within the table, and use the tag before and after the table.)

Nothing works. The ‘dang thang’ still sits contentedly to the left of the page.

And yes, I only have 3 hairs left on top of my head after trying to figure this out.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Try changing your table tag from this:

<table align="center" width="60%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

To this:

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:60%">
    val

That fixed it Jason. I’m curious as to why a line is now appearing above the start of the text under the images. I’m not concerned about it, as it looks okay. But I’m not sure how it got there as all the perameters are set to “0” – just being curious.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Now I’m off to edit all 90 pages on the site.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

It’s just the way the theme styles table cells.

.entry-content td, 
    .comment-content td {
         border-top: none;
    }
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.