This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Can't get RSS feed link to work.

• Creator
    Topic
    val

I’ve tried following the instructions on the control panel for using the feed icon, but I keep getting an error message – page not found, when I click the icon.

As suggested, I’m using the link as detailed in the theme options, which is http://hansatoyscanada.ca/feed/feed/

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

When I follow the link, I see your RSS Feed. Does that mean you figured it out?

val

Jason: I had a few other people test the feed link and they got an error message, as well. So I’m not sure what was going on, except to say that the site is all pages, no posts, so perhaps that has something to do with the problem. At any rate, I removed the feed icon as this will be a static site once it is completed, so there will be no fresh fodder for the feed.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Your RSS Feed link doesn’t have anything to do with the theme you’re using, but on your site I don’t see any errors. The only issue I see is that you don’t appear to have any posts in your site, which is what your RSS feed is going to list.

http://hansatoyscanada.ca/feed/feed/

If you’re just learning about WordPress RSS feeds, maybe posting on the wordpress.org forums will be helpful for you. You can possibly get some different voices and helpful suggestions.

val

I see what you mean. There are no posts on the site. I put everything in pages – that’s how the catalog is laid out. I didn’t want to have to deal with categories. So I removed the feed button. The site looks nice as it is – and it’s the way I wanted it. The site will be used as an ‘instant’ catalog for sales reps only – it’s not intended to be for the general public – which is too bad, because the theme is so lovely. However, I’m sure they will find it – that’s usually the way when you don’t care if your site does well in the search engines! Thanks for posting the image – I appreciate your taking the time to deal with these issues, which I’m sure for you are minor ones, but for us non-techie types – they’re biggies!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Just look for plugins on wordpress.org. There are different things that allow you to cool stuff with RSS Feeds.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.