This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Cannot see any WooCommerce pages

• Creator
    Topic
    queenidella
    Participant

Hi – my boss wants to change our site to add ecommerce, and I’m trying to use WooCommerce. I have installed WooCommerce and the Theme Blvd WooCommerce Patch plugin, and I am trying to set up some products to see how it works. Unfortunately, I can’t see any of the pages – they just go to a blank page when I try to view them. I added the Shop page to the menu, hoping that might help. No.

When I click on ‘shop’ this is what I get:
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/0561died04

I can create a product:
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/0051diffa2

but when I click on ‘view product’ this is what I get:
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/0091difgbc

I feel that I must be missing something very fundamental if I can’t see them at all.

What am I missing? Is there some other shopping cart plug-in that works better with Alyeska?

Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

WooCommerce should work pretty well with Alyeska, with maybe some minor styling tweaks that need to be made to make things look great.

Are you sure the issue is not an incompatibility with WooCommerce and your hosting environment in general? Have you tried disabling the Theme Blvd WooCommerce Patch plugin and viewing the page? Are you able to use WooCommerce with the default Twenty Twelve theme on your site?

Your specific issue is some kind of fatal error that can’t be determined simply from the screenshots you’re showing, other than just making guesses and assumptions. To get a better idea of what is happening there, you’ll want to turn on error reporting on your server.

One easy way to do this with WordPress is to set WP_DEBUG to true in the wp-config.php file in the root directory where you have WordPress on your server:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#WP_DEBUG

I have a feeling when you do this you’re going to see some sort of error that doesn’t relate to the theme, but feel free to post it, and I can maybe tell you something more? Not sure yet, until I see some sort of clue 😉

queenidella
    Participant

Hi Jason – thanks!

When I disable the patch plugin, I can see the page. It’s all janky but I can see it.

My host is BlueHost, which is a pretty decent host – I’m working on another site that is hosted by MyHosting and is a horrible nightmare, but BlueHost has been pretty good for me. Do you know what I might look for in terms of hosting incompatibility?

Here are my error reports from WP_DEBUG –

Before disabling patch:

Notice: add_custom_background is deprecated since version 3.4! Use add_theme_support( ‘custom-background’, $args ) instead. in /home6/onoriint/public_html/albionus/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2839

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home6/onoriint/public_html/albionus/wp-includes/functions.php:2839) in /home6/onoriint/public_html/albionus/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/classes/class-wc-session-handler.php on line 63

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home6/onoriint/public_html/albionus/wp-includes/functions.php:2839) in /home6/onoriint/public_html/albionus/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘themeblvd_custom_header_addon_content’ was given in /home6/onoriint/public_html/albionus/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

Fatal error: Call to undefined function themeblvd_sidebars() in /home6/onoriint/public_html/albionus/wp-content/plugins/theme-blvd-woocommerce-patch/theme-blvd-woocommerce-patch.php on line 103

AFTER disabling patch, the shop shows up:

(SHOP page and product page)

Notice: Theme without sidebar.php is deprecated since version 3.0 with no alternative available. Please include a sidebar.php template in your theme. in /home6/onoriint/public_html/albionus/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2881

Thanks for your help.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Fatal error: Call to undefined function themeblvd_sidebars() in /home6/onoriint/public_html/albionus/wp-content/plugins/theme-blvd-woocommerce-patch/theme-blvd-woocommerce-patch.php on line 103

So, this is the issue. This error would suggest you’re using an older version of Alyeska that isn’t going to be compatible.

What version of Alyeska are you using? You need to be using a theme with Theme Blvd framework v2.1+ for this WooCommerce patch plugin to work right. So, I believe this corresponds to Alyeska 2.1, released about a year ago.

queenidella
    Participant

That certainly changed things! I didn’t realize that the theme was that out-of-date.

Now I can continue on. Thanks again!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.