This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Business homepage designs

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,
    We have used Business Homepage #3 for our Welcome page; if we decide to change the format to a different business page, will our content be saved, or will it be overwritten?
    Thank you for your help!
    Heather

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Heather,

I’m not quite sure I understand what you’re asking. Sample layouts (Business Homepage #1, Business Homepage #2, etc) are simply example layouts you can use as starting points when creating a new custom layout in the Builder. After you’ve created a layout, you can then make whatever edits you want, but this doesn’t effect any of the sample layouts.

Have you checked out the video in the Layout Builder video series of your documentation file that outlines how sample layouts work?

Hi,
    Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I did watch the videos, and I built a Welcome page with the layout builder using the Business Homepage #3 and put content in it. What I’m wondering is, if we want to change to a different business homepage, say #4 or #1, but keep our same content, is the only way to achieve that to start over with the layout builder and redo the page?
    Thanks again!
    Heather

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yes, your understanding is correct. These sample layouts are nothing more than just starting points for new layouts.

However, this is something that we’ve thought about. In the next update to the theme, there is a feature that allows you to pick a sample layout or a previous layout you’ve setup when starting new layouts.

Hi, thank you very much for the information!
    Heather

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.