This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Builder External Page Visibility

• Creator
    Topic
    jsstover99

Hey folks,

I am using a builder on the home page. One of the builder bits is “content from an external page” and I have chosen a page called “home content”.

When I search my website on Google, the “homepage content” is one of the first links that comes up. Can I make this “homepage content” page invisible except through the builder?

Many thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jsstover99

Woops, I meant to say the “homepage content” page shows up in google first and when you click it, it just takes you to the homepage content page, and not my actual home page with the other builder information like slider and such.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Are you using any SEO plugins? If not, this is a really good one that many people use: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-seo/ — This plugin has a feature where you can hide individual pages from getting indexed by search engines when editing them. You can find various other plugins out there that will have similar features, as well.

jsstover99

Thanks, I didn’t think about that. I use the Yoast SEO plugin, but I use Google XML plugin for indexing my site.

I had to submit a removal request via Google Webmaster Tools, but it worked perfectly. Already gone from search engine results.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.