This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Theme Options bug after update to Jump Start 1.1.0

• Creator
    Topic
    mike-se
    Participant

Hi Jason!
    I’m getting this strange “bug” since I updated Jump Start to 1.1.0, Theme blvd plugins to the latest version and WP to 3.6.

See image: http://oi43.tinypic.com/w7058g.jpg

This “bug” seems to be in the Theme Options/Content tab only, and possibly only in Firefox 22.0 Mac. I’m not getting the “bug” in Safari and it wasn’t there before the update.

1. When I hover over the Homepage Content/Custom layout radio button it dissapears and cannot be selected. The same goes for several of the radio buttons on this page. A reload often solves this issue.
    2. The text in the Select Custom Layout popup is not seen but is there. “Popping” the popup it comes back.

Everything does seem to work just fine dispite of this “bug”. Thought you should know though, and it would be great if you could test to see if this in fact is a Firefox (Mac) only bug.

Love the new Magnific Popup 🙂

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    mike-se
    Participant

Ok, so I tested this on another site without updating to WP 3.6 and the same “bug” appears after updating to Jump Start 1.1.0, and all latest plugins.

So it doesn’t seem to be connected to WP 3.6.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hey Mike,

I’m using Firefox 22.0 on a Mac, and for the life of me, can’t reproduce what you’re describing. I wonder if there’s some conflict with an older version of one of the admin stylesheets. Try clearing your browser cache. Are you still getting the issue? If so, I wonder if there’s a possible conflict with another plugin you’re using.

mike-se
    Participant

Thanks Jason!

I’ll experiment and look further and let you know if I find the source of the bug.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Would be possible to get a login to your WP Admin where this bug exists, so I can see if it’s an issue with your site specifically I can reproduce?

If you want, you can send it to me through My Account > Submit private info here on the forum. If I could just reproduce, I’m sure there’s an easy fix.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

All right, I got your private message and logged into your admin, but I still wasn’t able to reproduce what you’re describing. So I don’t think it’s a site-specific issue, but instead it looks like maybe some combination of things you’re maybe doing on your computer. Are you on Firefox 22 on Windows or Mac? Also, try giving it a go on another computer when you get a chance.

mike-se
    Participant

I’m on Firefox 22.0, MacOS X 10.8.4.

So, I’ve now tried out a few things:
    – Deletet all addons from Firefox and reinstalled Firefox.
    – Cleaned ALL caches, Browser, DNS, User and all System caches.
    – Did a complete overhaul of the system, from repair disc permissions down to removing corrupt prefs.
    – Created a new clean user profile on Mac with a clean Firefox 22.0

Bug is still there. Seems odd to me if you don’t see this bug?

mike-se
    Participant

Ok. so now I have tried three different Macs and the bug is there on all three Macs.

mike-se
    Participant

Found this additional(?) related bug:

– Theme Options/Layout Logo update button doesn’t work. Can’t add a logo.

Here’s a new image of what it looks like. as you can see it also seems to hide other text on the page.

Just to clarify, this bug was not there on Jump Start 1.0.0. Now it is, on all updated sites, three different Macs running Firefox 22.0. It’s not there on Safari or Chrome.

Could it be related to something you’ve added to Theme Options like Magnific Popup?

mike-se
    Participant

So, I did a completely fresh install of the entire site with a shiny new db and WP 3.6.
    As soon as I install Jump Start 1.1.0, without even installing any theme plugins the bug appears.

It doesn’t exist in Jump Start 1.0.0.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

All right, phew! Oddly enough, I’ve found that the bug only exists on NON-retina Macs using Firefox. Strange, huh?

Anyway, I’ve fixed this for the next update. I want to give a few more days in case people find any more bugs like this.

mike-se
    Participant

That is a pretty specific bug – and a good reminder that it’s perhaps time to upgrade to a new Macbook Pro.

Thanks Jason, I’ll keep looking.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.