This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Breadcrumbs not working

• Creator
    Topic
    atlantisrailjohn
    Participant

My breadcrumbs for the Alyeska theme just show the page that I’m on and not the path.

Here is the site – unicornstainless.com

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Keep in mind that in your WordPress, the menu you’ve built doesn’t correspond to anything outside of that actual menu. The path used in the breadcrumbs trail is going to reflect how your page hierarchy is setup.

So, for example, when you’re editing your “Anchors” page in your WordPress admin, you’d select for it to be a child page of “Products” page over in the right side of the screen under Page Attributes.

This will not only effect your Breadcrumb trail, but the overall hierarchy in how WordPress interprets that page. For example, in this case, you’ll also notice that the URL of the “Anchors” page becomes:

http://yoursite.com/products/anchors/

Does that make sense?

atlantisrailjohn
    Participant

So, the way my site is configured, breadcrumbs will not work? I need to make pages child’s of other pages for the breadcrumbs to work?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yup, in specifically referring to breadcrumbs on pages, you need to setup the page hierarchy of your site.

You can look around for other Breadcrumbs plugin that possibly do it differently? I’ve honestly never heard of any popular breacrumbs plugins doing it any other way. This is pretty standard, as far as I know.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.