This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Body background css color

• Creator
    Topic
    mike-se
    Participant

Great theme!

I have a customer who want’s a plain body background color. Furthermore they want a sit down to experiment with different colors. How would I go about to be able to use css for body background color instead of using the predefined styles and header/footer-background images:

body { background: #ffffff; }

And is there a way to do this changing only the child-theme, updates in mind?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    mike-se
    Participant

I naturally meant using

body {background-color:#ffffff;}

Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can actually adjust the background color by simply going to Appearance > Background in your WordPress admin panel. There’s no custom CSS needed. When you using WordPress’s built-in background control, the theme will automatically remove the background images associated with the skin options.

mike-se
    Participant

Well that was some intelligent design right. I’m so used to mediocre WP designing by now that it didn’t even hit me to try if it works 🙂

You got my vote! Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.