This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Post comments not aligning properly

• Creator
    Topic
    dandeigan
    Participant

Hey jason, I am not sure what happened or if this has been this way all along. I added a featured image to the blog (All I did) and for some reason the comments are off. The avatar is covering the name. I went into the setting and saw nothing. THinking the JS or possibly a plugin are causing an issue. here is the url if you can advise it would be greatly appreciated. http://michellecolonjohnson.com/where-did-the-magic-go/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This is from your CSS customizations. In your Custom CSS option, where you have this, you’re throwing off the padding for the box where the content of the comments area:

.boxed-layout .boxed-inner, .boxed-layout .element-inner, .post_grid, article, #comments .comment-body, #respond {
       border-width:0px;
        border-radius: 6px 6px 6px 6px;
        padding: 20px 20px 20px 15px;
    }

The .comment-body DIV has padding on the left to accommodate the gravatar, which is displayed absolutely within it. Your CSS is changing this to now only have 15px on the left, and so your text sits behind the absolutely positioned gravatar.

Try adding this below:

#comments .comment-body { padding-left: 85px; }
    dandeigan
    Participant

Hello Jason, i thank you so much my friend. I never once thought to look at the custom CSS that was written by the other developer. I also would like to thank you and tell you that your customer service is so far beyond anyone I have had the pleasure of working with to date. Thank you for all of your time and energy my friend. Have a wonderful day!

dandeigan
    Participant

Hello Jason, Me Again. Now since I moved the code like you advised. The sign up box is all messed up. I looked in the widget and he has not used a Mail chimp design, I changes some of the alignment and still nothing. Any ideas pal?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Just looked at your site. Looks like you got it!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.