This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

blog page not working

• Creator
    Topic
    aaronp5505

Hello,
    I can’t seem to get the blog page to show the blog, it just shows the home page layout (which is a custom build). I have the blog page set as post list layout and in my settings-reading I have Front page as “home” and posts page as “soul connections blog”, When I switch back to default wordpress theme it works fine. Any ideas?

http://www.soulconnectionstore.com/soul-connections-blog/

Thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

You’re getting the two methods of applying a custom layout to your homepage mixed up. There are two things you can do:

Option 1) Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Homepage and select to show posts. — In WordPress when you set a “posts page” this is what WordPress considers as the “homepage” because remember that WordPress was originally created as a blogging platform.

Option 2) Go to Settings > Reading > Frontpage displays and just leave the “posts page” blank (i.e. don’t select any posts page). Then, go to the page that is your blog, and apply the post list page template.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.